lunes, 15 de abril de 2013

The end



It had to happen one of these days, but it hurts no  less the expected end. On Friday, Starz issued the final chapter of "Spartacus: the war of the damned", the fourth and final season of the most wild show, the most gore, erotic, not suitable for sensitive minds and full of fucking sexy beast people, that has ever been in TV. 

Oenomaus and Gannicus
My dear gladiators, I´m not yet missing you because DVD exists, and I have proclaimed all of you as the partenaires of my lonely nights, but there will be no more heart twists waiting for a new and shocking plot. I´m sure, the best of Spartacus are the actors who play it, but as the story is told, leaves you without blinking and mouth open. And yes, the show is quite faithful to real history considering how little is known about the true story of Spartacus, the thracian slave who led a rebellion and made Rome itself trembling, but the fictionalized is also so great. It reflects very accurately the way of life of the ancient Romans, with their faces and their crosses (the cross goes double meaning, those bastards were dedicated to crucify people who did not like...) and especially reflects what was slavery, the ownership humans which Dominus could do whatever he wanted with, even forcing them to kill each other for the amusement of his buddies.

Spartacus and Mira
Well, besides enjoying like a child and let out my wild side, I learned a lot watching this show, I've been moved, I laughed, I cried and now I know that a man (or a woman) is never too weak or too injured to fight. Very good to know.
All of you have seen several times in this blog Crixus, the very king of my heart since the first time I saw his black eyes on screen. Also Andy Whitfield's death was the subject of a post in September 2011 ("A young and handsome warrior"), but today I would like to pay tribute to other characters and the actors who play them. 

Gannicus fighting
Gannicus, the blond God of the Arena, rogue and daring like nobody else, but holder of a heart as big as quick his sword; Oenomaus, unbeatable giant, coach strict and wise, and a living proof that also the toughest chest can hide a tenderhearted; Lucretia, wonderful Lucy Lawless's playing the more vulnerable evil, unable to resist black eyes and Crixus other charms (my God, how much I understand her...); Agron, arrived from east of the Rhine, and enraged with pain after the death of his brother. By the way, Agron has starred with Nasir the scenes in my opinion more strongly erotic of the whole show. Yes, also less explicit, but maybe that´s their grace: a close-up of these two sweetly giving each other a kiss, I feel more breathless than seing the wildest orgy. Because the boys are worth it. Come on. 
Naevia with Crixus
The most evil of all, Ilithyia, and her husband Claudius Glaber, whose naked in the show have not gone unnoticed at all, both of them have made us suffer so much with their evil toughts and actions; the betrayer and coward Ashur, the dirty syrian snake played by lovely Nick Tarabay; beautiful and brave Mira, dying as a warrior in the arms of the man she loves, who finally shows also loving her a bit, despite she would have like to know it better before her death; 
Agron and Nasir
sweet Naevia who goes from being a submissive slave to the bravest warrior thanks to the touch and love of Crixus (also fully understood, what miracle will not be able to do Crixus touch and love ;-), the incredible Tiberius, one of the most surprising characters of the last season ... and all the others that I´m leaving.

I don´t want to miss the chance to take my hat off to Liam McIntrye, playing the character of his life. Apart from his magnificent performance, he also deserves because of the ordeal of having to replace beloved Andy Whitfield not only in the show, but in the devoted fan´s hearts. Liam has done, has been a magnificent Spartacus, and each appearance since the first, has been spectacular. Especially the first, the first scene of the first chapter in "Vengeance", in which yet makes a persecution and battle against the romans, making it very clear that He is Spartacus. Good for you Liam, it was not easy, but as said in the show by yourself, nothing is impossible if heart and mind go for it.

Agron, Gannicus, Spartacus and Crixus
And finally to all Starz, to each one who has worked in making us enjoy a show like “Spartacus”, my  deeply Gratitude. Gods of the Arena bless you all.

3 comentarios:

  1. Oh My God! (of the arena, of course)
    Great show Spartacus and great post that yours, Zenia. I've enjoyed a lot reading it. Congratulations.
    I haven't seen yet the last season, but I'll do it as soon as I can, even you know each time I see Liam, I can't help missing Andy. I'm not just, I know, but I really was in love with him (with EVERY part of him)and i'm not able to substitute the Spartacus that stole my soul easily ;)
    I guess you have written this post in english because you are "virtual friend" of Crixus and Ganicus and you are going to share this on Facebook, aren't you? I'm sure they will be glad to read it.
    Hope to see you soon, my dear.
    Lots of kisses.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You guess so right... I shared it in facebook and Crixus gave yet his "like" to me ;-) Anyway, there is a spanish version just before, I hope you noticed!
    Lots of kisses to you and yours.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Ara en valencià, vinga! Que es note que som trilingües (bueno en el teu cas, plurilingüe, que en parles una dotzena) ja,ja,ja.
    Besets pelailla!!

    ResponderEliminar